Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Marinating

Suppose the lack of a blog can be an example of the creative stage of Marination. Letting things sit, soak in. For an Artist or creative person this can be viewed negatively. Seen often as a time of non-productiveness. My marination time was triggered by a trip to Marco Island. I had hoped to take at least 200 photos but actually took about 20. My quest was to add to my photo stash to alter in Photo Shop. But, instead I was uninspired and unmotivated finding the Island so commercial that the quest turned into Marination.
But I can not go to the beach without taking pictures of sand, shells, and sea. Here is a page from my art journal.


And my Self Portrait

Altered Shadow Photo of me at the beach! The shots of me in a bikini are long over!


So I have been Marinating, reading, oogling, and also purging, making room to breathe.

How do you marinate? What do you turn to when you need to sit and be? How long does this process take you? Hours, Days, weeks, may be just minutes. Me I was buried for weeks in my purging process, marinating while I rid my belongings to open space in my house, studio, heart and head.


No comments:

Post a Comment